Wednesday 1 November 2017

Unbiased thoughts on Cheetah Siva's Entertainment Trilogy :-


 

Cheetah Siva’s Entertainment Trilogy : 
Veeram < Vivegam < Vedalam 

Vivegam is undoubtedly a badly written and directed film, but then I remember watching a film called Vedalam which still remains the most exhausting Ajith film in recent times. Vivegam like I said first is a bad film but it was better than Vedalam and honestly easier to watch as well (Baring the bridge scene and climax of course) .
I’ve seen many Ajith fans call Vedalam as the best masala film of all time. Courtesy of its box office success but despise Vivegam. 
So here we are, judging a film based on its box office result .
RIP our conscience ___/\___ . Woah wait ? I guess it died long back isn’t it ?
Today a hit film is a good film, a flop film is a bad film .
That’s the reason when it was announced that Cheetah Siva was going to direct AK57 (Vivegam). Ajith fans were confident that he was going to score another blockbuster. But I was always aware of Cheetah’s limitations that I once got emotional and fought back at an Ajith fan who wasn’t okay with me giving a negative review for Vedalam. 
A review should be given keeping in mind the film’s quality, positives and negatives and not based on how much its about to collect in theaters. That’s where I lost my interest in writing reviews. What’s the use of reviews when a bad film gets automatically certified as a good film after its box office success .
Coming back the point, Veeram is the only watchable film from Ajith-Siva combo. I owe it all to Ajith‘s local makeover. His screen presence and the surprisingly authentic Dindigul Tamil he spoke made the film comfortable to watch once. Veeram is a real treat for Ajith fans unlike Vedalam which is a sleeping dose baring few mass elevation scenes.
Vedalam survived solely because of 4 scenes,
Transformation scene
Flashback end
Painting
Timed climax gunshot
They aren’t masterstrokes, those scenes were just okay enough to avoid fans complaining. I was wondering If Cheetah Siva can pull off this fluke again in Vivegam.

Prior to release, I was impressed by Ajith‘s muscular physique, Anirudh‘s blockbuster music and visuals shown in promos. It almost made me think, did I underestimate Cheetah Siva ?
I decided not watch the film till its out of theaters, reason is simple . If I watched the film and didn’t post a review, Vijay fans will think I’m safe guarding Ajith. If I posted a honest review, Ajith fans will think I gave a negative review because I hate Siva. I’m currently watching only content driven films and genuine masala films. I’m entirely keeping myself away from films which are made strictly for fans

     


When I finally watched Vivegam, I hated Siva more . Everyone worked extremely hard for the film except for him . Ajith who was endlessly fat shamed till Vedalam gave a tight slap to critics with his muscular physique. Vivek Oberoi can do wonders as a villain, he is a brilliant actor. I felt really bad seeing him in such a dummy role. Special mention to Anirudh‘s blockbuster album . Literally everyone’s effort got flushed down the drain because Siva took Ajith fans and general audience for granted. No Diwali season to help him escape. No hit, No support.
What Siva is doing with Ajith is basically the same as his previous films but without skin show and vulgarity . If Souryam & Shankam weren’t enough. Watch Daruvu, that’s the true colors of Cheetah Siva and how much he really cares for family audience. This director doesn’t know to make a proper Masala film. Just few so called mass elevations scenes and the rest is a mess.
No morals left to tell here, just acknowledgements and clarifications .

No comments:

Post a Comment